Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pastel Purple

Recently, I had an opportunity to add some sweetness in an engagement of a friend of mine. 
He requested a cake and cupcakes all themed in purple. 
So, I decided to bake a two-tiered double chocolate cake by faith using my own recipe and Blueberry Vanilla Cupcakes using real vanilla beans also a recipe I invented from my recent experiments.

I topped the tiered cake with Italian Meringue and the cupcakes with sandy butter cream and edible heart cut-outs.


Here goes..

pastel purple


Edible Hearts



The 2 tiered cake which tested my patience, as I did not not where I was headed to with all the designs etc..etc..
Hence the slight messy-ness 
Oh yes, it has 4 layers of cakes with dark pickled cherries and chocolate fudge in between.


Enjoy!

Love,
Velvet










No comments:

Post a Comment